Be a part of the largest Vietnamese festival on the East Coast!
Planning for VietFest 2017 has kicked off! We hope you are as excited as we are because VietFest will be bigger and better than last year! VietFest would not be possible without the dedication of our supporters and volunteers. With a large event such as VietFest, NOVAL is in need of reliable people who believe in our mission of preserving our Vietnamese culture, promoting leadership, and empowering the Vietnamese community.
As volunteers, you will be provided with:
- A free t-shirt
- A meal ticket and refreshments ticket for the day(s) you volunteer
- Access to NOVAL tent
- Opportunity to be invited to the VietFest appreciation party
The requirements to volunteer is:
- Volunteers must be 15+ years old. Volunteers must read and agree to the Volunteer Waiver of Liability. If you are under 18 years old, please have your parent sign-up on your behalf and indicate so with your name in the “Comment” box on the next page.
- Volunteers are recommended to attend at least one Orientation Meeting one week prior to the event.
- Volunteers are required to check-in 30 minutes before the volunteering time.
Brief description of each volunteering position:
- Decorating/Set-up – Decorate festival site, stage, etc. Set up tents, tables, lightings, posters, etc.
- Information Booth – Direct guests and volunteers, provide information about NOVAL, etc.
- Pageant – Assist in positioning various props for the pageants, cleaning up the stage when needed during the pageant times, etc.
- Party Zone – Help with promoting and signing people up for competitions and games.
- Normal Operations / Crowd Control – Security, traffic, maintenance, miscellaneous, etc.
- Cotton Candy / Popcorn – Help make & sell cotton candy & popcorn.
- Break-down / Clean-up – Take down tents, tables, lightings, etc.